Our mission statement is ‘Simply the best for our children’. We believe that our children deserve an excellent, well rounded education. We aim to be the best we can be and we have high expectations that students attending our school will be successful, happy, confident learners who will be able to make a great contribution to the world and the community they live in.
We want to empower everyone at Macandrew Bay School:
- To have high expectations of themselves and a passion for learning that will equip them for life.
- To set and achieve their goals and work towards their dreams.
- To be active citizens who contribute to their world and the lives of others.
- To face challenges with self-belief and resilience.
- To have high expectations of teaching and learning.
- Kaitiakitaka - Responsibility, Honesty, Independence and a Passion for Learning
- Manaakitaka - Respect, Kindness and Caring
Annual Plans & Reports
Every year we produce annual plans and report on progress against these plans. Plans are guided by our strategic directions which are reviewed every three years in consultation with the school community.
Our Strategic Goals:
Ākoka will be supported to set goals and as self- regulated learners, take action to achieve success and progress.
Ākoka will experience a rich, broad curriculum that is engaging, motivating, fosters creativity, innovation and a lifelong passion for learning.
We will provide a safe, inclusive and stimulating learning environment. We will nurture a sense of belonging and connection to our kura and our community. We will celebrate our cultural diversity.
Nau mai, haere mai
We are welcoming new enrolments
Come and find out what makes our school so special.